The waiting is the hardest part.

Yes, I stole that line from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and yes, that is the theme of today's post ... waiting. Because lately, that is all I seem to be doing.

I am waiting for Michael to tell me the offer is final.

I am waiting for the company to tell me what to do next.

I am waiting for a place to live.

I am waiting to schedule doctor appointments.

I am waiting for the money to fund this little venture.

I am waiting to hear from the school that my children will have a place there in January.

I waiting to start scratching more things off my little list.

And, aye, here's the rub: I am not 'good' at waiting.

Just ask my husband. He'll tell you I am more of an action-oriented person ... some might even say impulsive.

Impulsive or not, I like to keep busy. I like to have a plan. It keeps at bay those middle-of-the-night moments when mean, red thoughts pop into your head that scream, "What have I gotten myself in to!" and your heart starts beating and the adrenaline starts flowing, until there is nothing left to do but to get up, fold laundry and watch National Geographic documentaries and catch up with the Kardashians until four in the morning! (Bruce Jenner finally cut his hair by the way.)

Hubby says we'll hear something this week, but in the meantime, I'm just (sigh) ... waiting.

And that is the hardest part.

Comments

  1. Look at it this way: We've all been waiting much longer for Bruce Jenner's haircut, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sush,

    I never even get to see you, but I am already sad that you'll be literally a world away!

    What is this venture? Why Nigeria?

    I think of you guys and your beautiful wedding often. I'm sad I've not gotten to meet any of your little ones! I think of you whenever I pass through Bakersfield (sorry but it's true)!

    Heif

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heif! I have no way to get in touch with you. Your old yahoo account bounced back. Send me an e-mail to info@susaninnigeria.com. Thanks! Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment