No place like home.

Bad news today. The apartment I fell in love with at first sight was rented to another family. I feel betrayed, robbed, cheated on. Some strange family is living in my flat! Trying to gather myself, I call hubby hoping for a little sympathy at my state of grief. Instead I get a lecture... "We have to expect setbacks like this when we ... blah, blah, blah." I stopped listening and took myself out to dinner. One jumbo Patron margarita later, I'm still not talking to him, but at least I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep. I'm sure this will seem more manageable in the morning.
In the meantime, dear readers, I'd love your input. What do you think of this place? It's plan B at this point. Looks like a prison to me ... But don't let me influence you, by any means!
The main "cell"
The recreation yard
Nothing like gazing at a little razor wire while you take in the sun  
Sigh
Lovely view ... of bars!
Ok, ok ... it's not that bad, but give me a day or two to pout. 

Comments

  1. P.S. We are not taking this prison ... oops, I mean apartment. I am trying, as one friend advised, to ride the waves. We are going to wait and see if something opens up in the compound we want. Plus, hubby is making a trip to Lagos in November to do some more scouting. I'll keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, while we don't have bars on the windows we do have high walls and razor wire as well. Compund life is very different. I must say I am jealous of the grocery store! I had tea with a lady yesterday that came from Lagos to here. SHe said took her 6 months to adjust and then she loved it and did not want to leave and would go back in a minute. Hoping you find the right place to live for you and your family :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment