Brag board.

This is less about me and more about the wonderful, misguided people I work(ed) with who actually thought I was a pretty-okay person. I want to share their parting comments here, not so you know how fab-u-lous I really am (wink, wink), but as a tribute to all those who took the time to craft these kind words.

"Susan - You're one of my favorite people ever. You're so smart, and warm, and giving. I really am going to miss you."

"Working on some of your projects, learning about your success and family-life, as well as receiving input from your counterparts about your contributions have been well received. You graciously (without hesitation) opened up about your personal life and journey, and it allowed me to better under what I want and need to do in order to be successful in and outside of the workplace. I hope that you and your family enjoy this new adventure, and that it will be a great learning experience to add to your already warm persona."

"Susan is leaving? Say it ain't so! … I always enjoyed our opportunities to work together though they were all too infrequent. Be well, and above all safe, and please keep in touch."

"Sorry you are leaving,
We're sad to see you go,
When you feel homesick,
We're always here you know
Don't forget to keep in touch,
By post, letter or phone,
But of course we'd love to see you,
There's no place like home!"

"I am a better man today for having had the pleasure of your acquaintance...may it continue always."

"You will be missed dearly!!"

"You’re a great spirit and I know this adventure you’re setting off on, will bring you all kinds of great experiences and memories. It sounds so exciting. Please keep us in mind when you return to the states. You’re always welcome home."

Thanks, guys, and right back atcha.

Comments

  1. What I can't believe is that in the past six months, we've been just a building or two away and we managed to have lunch only once. That is just so wrong....

    I'll miss you, and I look forward to reading about your continuing adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment