Conditional acceptance.

No one wants to be accepted conditionally. We all want to be accepted unconditionally, without provisions, no exceptions, with a blind and loving eye to our faults and sins.

Alas, the American school does not love us unconditionally. We have been accepted provisionally ... only if space permits.

Per the letter from the Director of Admissions:
"On behalf of the American International School, I would like to welcome Dane to the 2011/2012 Pre-Kindergarten class. I have attached a copy of the school supplies, dress standard and calendar.

Elizabeth and Nathan have been provisionally accepted to our First Grade as soon as we know we have seats available. I should have a pretty good idea by Wednesday or Thursday afternoon."
So pray for us. Keep us in your thoughts next week. I am extremely optimistic and hopeful, but, hey ... I've been that way before, too, to no avail.

But this time ... this time will be different. I need this. Just feeling hopeful is making me feel good. Like I actually belong here. Like not everything and everyone is hostile. Like I am not an alien in this alien world. Like this is my home.

And that is a nice feeling.

Comments