Shoo, fly!

It seems I am running a convalescent home for wayward gnats. Every afternoon around dusk, a swarm of tiny little flies coat my kitchen windows. I have tolerated the invasion (up to now) because:
  1. They tend to stick to the windows and leave the rest of the kitchen alone. (Are they trying to get out? Admiring the view? Casing the joint?)
  2. And for a long time, I was holding out hope that the quarterly fumigation bomb they set off in my flat would kill them off. The pesticides they use would kill a grown man, but a bunch of tiny flies? No such luck.  

This week, I decided to break up the little party and attacked with Bay-gon (African version of Raid). 

The good news is that the gnats are dead. The bad news is that they are still coating my windows. Yup. Tiny little gnat corpses clouding my view. I'm going to leave them there for a while. A warning to any other vagrant flies to keep on flying: "You are not welcome here! Death awaits all who approach." 

Flies are going to write about me in their history books. They'll call me "'Susan the Impaler,' a.k.a. 'Susan the Terrible' ... She displayed the rotting corpses of her latest victims in a ghastly window display." I will give little fly children nightmares. Fly parents will remind their fly children that if they are bad, I might come and get them.

Yep, I am just that heartless. Fly-life is cheap in this house.

Yuck-yuck! (That's pidgin for really, really gross)
R.I.P.
You hear me, flies? You've been warned.


Comments