Man, have I got HER hosed!

A friend of mine, and fellow blogger, hilariously described me as ... and I quote ... a "funny, bubbly, energetic lady" on a recent post.

Who, me? Seriously. Really? I had no idea. I mean it.

If I had to describe myself in four words, it would be somewhere along the lines of "surly, quiet, awkward, prone to mood swings" (more than four words, I know.)

Which begs the question, how does a woman get to the ripe old age of 40 and still know so little about herself?

Which leads me to another question: When will I stop feeling like an impostor? As I was getting the house ready to host a hospitality coffee this week, I found myself wondering, what would my mom do? Or better yet, what would my late, great role model Mrs. Lea do? Where do I put the napkins? Is it ok to use paper? Where do the forks go? How do I heat water for tea without a tea kettle? Arghh! Aren't I old enough to know this stuff by now, I ask myself (as I spill coffee everywhere while trying to transfer it from coffee maker to carafe)?

When am I going to stop feeling like a 14-year-old girl playing house and start feeling like a confident, assured 40-year-old woman?

I think I know the secret: Never. No one does.

You just fake it 'til you feel it, and if you're lucky, you may even fool a few of your friends.

My poor, misled friend Suzi (second from the left) thinks I'm funny!



Comments

  1. Hey, you are a sweet, sweet lady!! You are fun too! Who says you are not?!?! You don't know your own self? :) Remember that night in Bottles..that was fun! :) We need to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do! And, no, I seriously do not have myself figured out yet... Maybe when I'm 60. ; )

      Delete
  2. Oh, and we all have our mood swings!! We are woman afterall! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment