I don't want a lot for Christmas.

As the old holiday standard goes, "I won't ask for much this Christmas. I won't even wish for snow. All I want for Christmas is you..." Yes, YOU, my friends, family and Fall Creek neighbors at home! Okay, and just a few other things, too.

Here is my grown-up Christmas list:*
  • My mom (she is late, as the Nigerians say, so I won't get this wish, but I want it just the same)
  • Sisters (at least I do when they are not crushing my feelings)
  • Watching nieces and nephews wrestle on the floor
  • Giving Polly and Adri big hugs!
  • Just being with Becca, because we don't have to say anything to get each other
  • Margaritas with Dad and Frances
  • Sherron (and her cooking, and her love, and her hugs)
  • Dean's wacky comments that make me roll my eyes and laugh (or cringe and reach for another glass of champagne)
  • Janis and Alicia
  • Going for a run in cool, crisp weather in the early morning (without choking on smells, dust or worrying what's coming up behind you) and running into Laura as she handily passes me up during her eighth mile
  • Nancy, Nate and Edie ... oh, and I guess Steve, too (but not their pet bulldog; he farts too much)
  • My dog Fiona!
  • Cool weather
  • Sweaters, corduroy and boots
  • Sitting down in the evening with my favorite people and watching the lights on the tree twinkle
  • Downloading movies in minutes instead of days 
  • Shopping
  • Trying to keep up with the kids as they play between the rows of Christmas trees at Houston Garden Center
  • The Baldwin family (and their housekeeper Virginia)
  • Going to the Houston Ballet's Nutcracker with Grandaddy, Frances and Aunt K
  • Saying "oooh" and aaah" as we drive through Shepherd Park Plaza to see the Christmas displays
  • Soaking in a tub of warm, clean water!
  • Clean, PAVED streets and sidewalks
  • Road trips to Dallas
  • Seeing how much Lester's and Yu's kids have grown!
  • Running into neighbors I haven't seen in six months
  • Hanging on my sister's couch watching old movies and eating too much of her chocolate chess pie
  • A haircut
  • Grocery stores that don't make me want to vomit
  • Early morning trips to the doughnut store in our pajamas
  • New nail polish
  • Fireplaces
  • Christmas magic
  • The look on the kids' faces when they see that our elf, Scout, found us in Houston
  • Going all gooey and mushy every time I get to feeling the reason for the season
Come on, Santa, make my Christmas wishes come true.

* This list is provided by Susan Hunt (hereafter referred to as "the Fabulous and Opinionated Blogger") for entertainment purposes only. The Fabulous and Opinionated Blogger reserves the right to add or delete any item on this list at a moment's whim. The Fabulous and Opinionated Blogger cannot be held liable for any hurt feelings, either real or imagined, due to exclusion, inclusion or misrepresentation. Please read at your own risk.


Comments

  1. Susan - This is Deb in Houston! I wish you were here driving through Shepard Park looking at lights, cause I'd hop in with you! And then we'd go to Juanita's and have a marg and chips and salsa!

    Thanks for much for sharing your experiences in Nigeria. The kids look darling! And big.

    Merry Christmas Hunts, and thanks for the picture and Holiday Card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment