Lovely day.

Trying to think of a title for today's post, Bill Wither's Lovely Day kept running through my head. And in spite being called a dumb blond (under all that red hair) and being harassed over my negotiating skills (or lack thereof), Sunday was indeed a lovely day thanks to our gracious and generous hosts, Chris and Valerie, and the company of our new friend David.

Elizabeth gets a ride on a passing polo pony.
It's not often you see a healthy, well-fed horse here, so this was a treat. 
Vendors stop by all day selling textiles, baskets, wood carvings, beads ... even parrots!
I paid too much for a basket and almost never heard the end of it.  
Now the boys take a turn.

Trying out fresh coconut milk. Nathan says "yuck" ... 
Elizabeth says "yum!"
Chris helps me get a good deal on some Christmas gifts for friends back home.
Bitsy's favorite beach pasttime: Collecting shells!



Chris points something out to the twins.
Sand crabs for lunch, anyone?
Exploring an old shipwreck.



As our host Chris says, "Ah, it's a tough life."
My four-year-old still has chubby little legs.
Another year and he'll stretch out like his big brother.  
Valerie silhouetted against the setting sun. 
Elizabeth watches a local boy play in the water.
She's probably wishing her mommy would let her play in the surf, too! 

Elizabeth and Valerie play in the surf.




Valerie and Chris always bring lollipops for the local children. As the newcomer, it fell to me to hand out the treats. Thank goodness, Chris stepped in to help me keep order.
Lunch!
Thank you, Chris and Valerie, for a lovely day to be remembered.

Comments

  1. great pics Susan. Bitsy's swimsuit is so cute. I tried my first (bottled or boxed actually) coconut water flavored with a splash of pineapple juice and its gonna take me real hot after running to drink the other one -cuz its healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth you will make your Aunt Myra jealous cause you got o ride the horse. I let her ride my horse when she was little.
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures susan!!! which beach did you go to? I loved the ship wreck!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith: This was Eleko Beach. You probably don't recognize it because it looks so clean! Just an illusion... the trash was there. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment