How do dinosaurs go to school?

Nothing makes you feel more like a star than hanging out with a classroom full of four-year-olds.

"It's Dane's mom!" was the chorus as I sashayed into the room wearing my sweaty, old tennis clothes. A handful of children even lined up for hugs! I was a celebrity (even if I did stink).

Monday was my day to serve as parent reader for the Pre-K "Tigers (roar!). And it was quote an honor. Dane got to sit in a special little chair by my side, while his classmates sat in a wide-eyed circle around us.

All eyes were on me as I read How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?, which page-by-page illustrates all the ways those naughty dinosaurs could disrupt class if they were to make bad choices. Luckily, our dinosaurs were all very good dinosaurs; they listened to the teacher, played nice with all their friends and only growled at the bullies.

The kids were thrilled, and looked shocked that I would even suggest that they sometimes acted like the naughty dinosaurs in the story. This, of course, was as half the class was actually acting like a wild bunch of dinosaurs, at that very moment.

But who could blame them? "Dane's mom" was in their midst! And that doesn't happen every day.


Comments