Why?

Why do I have to ask the kids to leave the kitchen three times before they listen? And when is it okay to yell, "Get out of the kitchen!" so loud that the neighbors can hear?

Why are they replacing the tile on the rooftop patios of the building next door when they only laid those tiles last week? And what was wrong with the original tiles in the first place?

Why did I wait all summer for the tennis courts to be repaired when they look just as bad now as they did at the start of the summer?

Why can't I get a pumpkin spice latte in Lagos? Haven't you heard, Starbucks? Africa is the new China. You have three Starbucks on the same corner in Houston... you can't have one here? Really, Starbucks?

Why do I have to travel to the third world to get invited to a formal event?

Dane, why is your back pack on the floor... still? Pick it up!

Why do women have to have periods? I mean, I know why ... but isn't it bad enough that we have to warp our bodies for nine months to carry the babies? Do we really have to be bent over once a month with PMS? (Men: DON'T say it! This is not the *only* reason I am posting this rant! And don't worry about Michael... he's in a whole other country and is returning with jewelry and various other sundries. He should be okay.)

Why do I have two pairs of boots in my closet when it is too hot to wear jeans most of the time?

Why does my husband make me feel guilty for four days away from the family? I refuse to be a martyr. I freakin' deserve a vacation. And I deserve one. every. year. Don't forget it.

Why do I have to make my own ice in this country? Oh yeah... because the tap water is not potable. Never mind.

Why do I have "The Girl from Ipanema" stuck in my head?

Why is it that when I finally come to terms with aging, another wheel falls off the bus?

And lastly... What're you looking at? Haven't you ever since a woman on the edge?

Don't worry. I'm just kidding... kind of.



Comments

  1. I hear ya! some days are just like that!:) I think there are days like that so the days that are a little better seem like a cake walk!:) hang in there! Meredith:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to the Marine Corps Ball? I will be searching through my closet for something to wear to it this weekend! - Shana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starbucks are you listening? I could REALLY use a pumpkin spice latte and I live in Lagos too!!

    And Susan, I will be at the Marine Corp Ball as well! Maybe we can head to Lekki before then. Let me know when you are ready to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment