I am so not washing my face in that.

Last Friday, building management cleaned the water tanks atop our buildings. Later that night, this is what came out when I turned on the faucet...


I like to tell myself it is only rust stirred up from the bottom of the tanks ("It's only rust, it's only rust, it's only rust..."), but as my friend Doug noted recently, "In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia Coli (E. Coli)—the bacteria found in feces. So in other words, those of you drinking water are consuming 1 kilo of pooh per year!"

And that is exactly why, we do NOT drink the water!

Comments

  1. OMG gross!!! I read an article a while ago that said to heat the taps with a torch or another source to kill the EColi every couple of months, maybe we need to do that?!

    Our water is so heavily chloronated we will get chlorine poisoning if anything!!
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is exactly why we have water coolers in our apts!! Yuk!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment