What's going on?

Not a lot. (Not a lot of sleeping either.) Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Okay, so not actually "nothing" is happening... Hubby did spend two weeks in Lagos in November and picked out our flat, ordered furniture, found new office space for his team. He spent two weeks at home and is now back in Lagos. He's buying a fleet of cars for the team and their families. Child seats for Lagos cars are ordered. Flights for our family of five are being researched by an "international travel counselor" (we're looking at flights on or about January 2). The twins' teacher has completed the confidential evaluations for the school in Lagos. Balance in my checking account keeps shrinking while my credit card balance grows...

And I am trying to figure out how to shut down a home for six months, finish my immunizations (one shot left!) and schedule the kids for theirs (the dark, dark day will be December 9). And then there's this Christmas thing coming up. I'm torn between glad that "'tis the season" and wishing I could take a pass this year. On one hand it's a great distraction, but on the other hand, I am literally shopped out. I haven't the strength to hand over my credit card one more time. 

Meanwhile, I hear rumors and rumblings that reimbursement may be eminent, that HR will put us in touch with global banking services and tax advisors soon. That previously referenced bank account trend will be reversed. That moving company will show up at my doorstep and sort my home into air, boat and leave-behind piles (magically, of course, with no intervention from me ... a girl can dream can't she?).

And did I mention I just celebrated my 39th birthday! Next year, I start counting backwards.

I know that it will all come together. In the nick of time and in a brilliant ballet of logistics, luck and levity.

It will all come together.

Until then, I am doing my best to keep it together.

Comments