Six more weeks of winter.

Got news form the American school a couple of weeks ago. No room at the inn (a.k.a., kindergarten) for the twins. So Michael leaves for Lagos on January 5, while the kids and I will remain in Houston and at the current school for a few more weeks (and enjoy a few more weeks of winter weather, Houston-style). Our plan is to give it some time and hope a spot opens up. Otherwise, I may be home schooling for the rest of the semester ... home schooling! The horror! I have no patience for teaching, especially new concepts like readin', writin' and 'rithmatic. But it is only kindergarten after all, and it would mean that our family could be together. Michael has been dividing his time between Houston and Lagos the last two months, and it has not been fun.

The silver lining to this little development is that it will give us time to get our stuff over there and Michael some time to get the apartment and his new offices set up. Speaking of getting our stuff over there, the movers are scheduled to show up three days after Christmas. I find this out, by the way, one day before I leave town for the holidays! I am trying to cajole Mike into postponing the move date so I have more time to take care of last-minute details ... like buying mattresses! I thought I'd have more advance notice and was not interested in storing five mattresses in my house until the move day. And now all of a sudden time is up. And I am out of town. And it is Christmas, darn-it, and I am going to enjoy myself!

So Merry Christmas, y'all! It'll sort itself out in the end, and I am not going to worry about it ... a Christmas present to myself.

P.S. My nephew Robert says, "Hi."

P.S.S. Kennedy says "Hi, I'm pretty awesome."

Comments