The shipment has arrived!

Remember this?


Our shipment drove away from our house on January 4. Fourteen weeks later ... it has arrived at our other home in Lagos!


I assume it is intact. I have not heard otherwise. I am looking forward to getting out there and setting up our household. In the meantime, I have lots of help with the unpacking! The movers came back two days after unloading to unpack the boxes, and our steward and nanny are helping, too.

Oh! Did I not mention that we have a steward AND a nanny? Goodness, it must have just slipped my mind! (Actually, I just found out myself. Husbands are not very good communicators.) Victor, our steward (in the blue shirt below), will clean and maintain the household. Pauline, our nanny (standing beside Victor), will help me with the kids, and housekeeping as well. I am more than happy to relinquish housekeeping to Victor and Pauline, but I have no idea how to integrate a nanny into our lives. It will be a learning experience.

The movers unload the container into our Lagos home, while
Victor and Pauline help check off the delivered items.

Comments