Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving, for this family, is a BIG deal. It's Michael's favorite holiday (thanks in no small part to his mother's amazing cooking). It's a time to be with brother and sisters, mimis and grampies, nieces and nephews, moms and dads, and cousins. It's a time when the whole United States pauses a moment to give thanks for all of our blessings. It is the opening bell for the crazy holiday season. Christmas lights are out. Football is on. There's a nip in the air.

But not in Lagos. It's just another Thursday. Not even the US-based companies give their employees the day off. Last year, that bothered me. I missed home and family sooooo much. Because of time differences and missed opportunities, we didn't even get to talk to our family at home. I ended the night sitting in the dark, watching football and feeling sorry for  myself.

This year was better. I still miss my family and home, but I have something good here, too. I have a Lagos family.

Last night, I had a few members of my Lagos family over for dinner. We hail from England, Scotland, South Africa, Germany, France, US and Sweden. And last night, we were one big happy family. I ended the night with a smile on my face. And I got to talk to my Texas family as well!

What a great day. I am truly blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving from Lagos!


Comments