A few of her favorite things.

Considering school is about to break for the Christmas holidays, this may seem a bit out-dated, but fun nonetheless. Following is an interview I did with Elizabeth regarding her interests and aspirations at the start of her second grade school year.

Mom:  How old are you and what grade are you in?
Elizabeth Hunt (EH):  I’m in second grade and I’m seven years old.

Mom: What is your favorite color?
EH:  My favorite color is purple.

Mom:  What is your favorite food?
EH:  Cinnamon Crunch (cereal).

Mom:  What is your least favorite food?
EH:  That banana thing. You know those cooked bananas that we ate? (plantains)

Mom:  What is your favorite book?
EH:  The Little Princess.


Mom:  What is your favorite song?
EH: Taylor Swift. 

Mom:  That’s a singer, what’s your favorite song?
EH:  Like baby songs? 

Mom:  No, what’s your favorite song by Taylor Swift.
EH:  The t-shirt song. 

Mom:  What is your favorite game to play?
EH:  Chess

Mom:  Where is your favorite place to go?
EH:  South Africa because it’s beautiful and it’s nice and cold, and it has a lot of hotels. And it’s nature.

Mom:  Who is your best friend?
EH:  Osenke

Mom:  How would you describe yourself?
EH:  I would say that she has blond hair and she always smiles with big teeth. And she’s always playing with her best friend Osenke.  

Mom:  What is something mom always says?
EH:  You always say, um... "You have to repeat [yourself] because we say 'what?'"

Mom:  What is something dad always says?
EH:  "Stop." 

Mom:  What do you want to be when you grow up?
EH:  I wanna be an artist.

Mom:  If you could be any animal, which would you be?
EH:  I’d be a horse because it’s not extinct and they’re safe and most horses have people that take care of them and they get to eat my favorite food: apples and vegetables.

Mom:  What are three things you'd like to learn this year?
EH:  I would like to learn what “busy bee” means. And um, uh... I want to learn Spanish. I would like to learn about pyramids.

Mom:  What is your favorite TV show?
EH:  Scooby-Doo.

Mom:  What is your favorite subject in school?
EH:  Recess and break.

Mom:  What is your favorite dessert?
EH:  Everything! I love every dessert, right, momma? I don’t care what it is, I still like it. 

Mom:  What is your favorite movie?
EH:  Tangled

Mom:  Where do you think you'll live when you grow up?
EH:  I want to live at London. Because then my child would grow up to be a London guy or girl. 

Mom:  If you could have any super power, which would you choose?
EH:  I would choose treats superpowers. Chocolate everywhere and lollipops that stick to bad guys and I would eat my chocolate too and that’s it.  

Mom:  If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
EH:  France to see the Eiffel Tower, and Australia, and California to see the Tower of Doom, but I wouldn’t ride it. 

Mom:  What makes our family special?
EH:  That we all eat treats.

Mom:  That makes us special?
EH:  (giggling) Yes.

Mom:  If you could have one wish, what would it be and why?
EH:  It would be a thousand wishes left because then I could get more wishes. 

Mom:  
What if you couldn’t wish for other wishes?
EH:  Infinity ice cream cones and treats. That means it would go on forever and ever. 

I'll post Nathan's and Dane's interviews in the next few days. And hopefully, I will remember to do this every school year. It is a priceless look into their developing minds and personalities.

Comments