Skype monologue.

Thanks to a six-hour time difference between me and my sisters, I tend to have a lot of one-sided chats on Skype. We've had a three-way chat going for months. Sometimes two sisters are online, sometimes all three! But a lot of times, it's just me... awake hours before my sisters, and asleep hours before they have free time (they both work), we seem to be forever missing each other.

But that doesn't stop me from posting our our little chat room anyway. I still feel like I'm talking with my sisters, even when I'm the only one there.

Here's a sample from today's little one-sided soliloquy: (sad... isn't it?)

Susan says...
6:51 AM     9 days til Paris!

6:51 AM     I fell asleep at 8:30 last night. Actually, I fell asleep at 8 but went to bed at 8:30.

6:52 AM     Had more crazy dreams, but at least they weren't scary ones. I was in a book club held on a shrimping boat taught by some man from Louisiana who in my mind was Frank McCourt. Prince was in the book club, too, and we were fighting over the same copy of the book.

6:54 AM     Thundering and lightning here, day four of rain

6:54 AM     but it's off and on so thankfully no flooding

8:48 AM     I take it back... it's flooding now

12:14 PM    Rain has stopped

12:15 PM     It took Michael two hours to get kids to school and him to work, and another 45 minutes for Ade to get back to our flat

12:15 PM     So I kept Dane home from school today

12:15 PM     He is so bored poor thing

12:52 PM     I took a walking tour with this guy last time I was in Paris. He was great! But $$$, so I didn't recommend his for this trip. However, he does keep a blog that I just stumbled onto again.

12:52 PM     http://www.eyepreferparis.com/

12:52 PM     I think we'll have to visit this place during our Saturday walk/shop:

12:52 PM     The Heaven Shop

12:58 PM     www.heaven-paris.com

04:25 PM     I'll just keep talking to myself all day

04:25 PM     I will, you know

04:25 PM     Watch me

04:25 PM     I can talk to myself for hours

04:26 PM     I'll just keep talking and talking

04:26 PM     ...

04:26 PM     and talking

04:26 PM     without even taking a breath

04:26 PM     because I don't need you guys to entertain me

04:26 PM     I can entertain myself

04:26 PM     completely self contained

04:26 PM     that's me

04:26 PM     yessiree bob

04:26 PM     just me myself and I

04:27 PM     doo da do da doo

04:27 PM     ...

04:28 PM     Hello?

04:28 PM     ...

04:28 PM     Fine

04:28 PM     I'm going to make dinner then

04:28 PM     see if I need YOU guys!

04:28 PM  

05:14 PM     ...cuz I don't

05:14 PM     need you, that is

06:46 PM     Why is it that I am such a monster to my children by the end of the day?

06:46 PM     Nathan just crashed his bike into my side table (again!) and I screamed at him. I am sure he is back there crying b/c I scared him. [editor's note: He wasn't crying, but I told him I was sorry anyway.]

06:47 PM     Everyone is getting their PJs on

06:47 PM     May be an early bedtime

Brenda says...
08:23 PM     I'm here! Stop your blabbering.....

Susan says...
08:23 PM     OMG

08:23 PM     FINALLY!

Of course, shortly after that last post, I went to bed.

It's been a long day!


Comments

  1. Susan - I totally get this - and know how Lagos can make you crazy! If talking to ourselves is the worst we experience, we are doing good! Anyway, send your email and I am happy to take you to Lekki (or other out of the way jaunts). You can't miss the African market experience! I bet we could find some GREAT Christmas gifts perfect for sisters there too!! :) My email is janet@thehallz.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment