Malarone dreaming.

Over here, we take a drug called Malarone as a prophylactic against malaria. One of the well-know side effects is vivid dreams. It's never bothered me before, but during our last trip home I stopped taking the Malarone, and when we returned it took me another week to get back into the routine of taking a pill every day. This week, the dreams began.

I've had memorable dreams before, but ... not like this.

One night, I dreamed I was trapped in a cave and God and the angels were coming after me with the fires of hell (they were ticked over something I had done!). I was terrified. Last night, I dreamed about my Grandpa Hite ... only, in my dream, I called him Mr. Albers who was my next-door neighbor when I was a kid. We had a nice long conversation. I can't remember what we talked about, but it was a nice time ... a dream ... but still, a nice time.

This afternoon, I took an involuntary nap (i.e. there was no way I could stay awake another minute longer), and I dreamed that someone I know (and have mixed feelings about) was torturing me with some audio device that emitted loud noises in my ears. I finally escaped and as I did, my torturer turned into my daughter, and when I asked her why, she said "I was afraid you were going to spank me." At which point (in my dream), I grabbed her by the ear and started yelling at her.

I'm tripping on Malarone. Groovy.

Comments