That shipment has sailed!

Well, it probably hasn't technically "sailed" yet, since it only left my house two days ago, but after months of anxious anticipation, the shipment has finally been packed and sent. And thanks to my hopefully comprehensive, 10-page list (literally ... 10 pages!), I think we got everything.

Letting my geek-flag fly: The blue headers divide the list into
rooms of the house. The green rows are what I needed to buy here to ship;
the white rows are what we borrowed from the house to ship there. 

Remember back in October when I wrote about something "growing" in my dining room? By last Monday night, the sheer volume of stuff had expanded (invaded!) the library, the entry way, the hall, the garage, the family room ... even the front porch! I was like one of those crazy cat ladies who could only move about her rooms by stepping carefully around teetering piles of stuff.

Don't believe me? Take a look!






Thanks for the Play-doh, Mark and Stephanie!
It's packed in the third container down.

(The family is under strict orders not to eat
my Frosted Mini-Wheats. 'Cuz I need my Frosted Mini-Wheats!
And when momma ain't happy ... well, you know the rest.)

Needless to say, I was really glad to see these guys show up and do their thing:


Here are the "after" photos. I can't tell you how nice this feels...



Ok, so not completely un-cluttered,
but as good as it gets for our play room.  

I have my home back. Or at least what is left of it. But, seriously, who among us couldn't live with about half of the crap we have in our houses? It's inspired me to start attacking closets and bookshelves.

One final note: anyone out there need bulk containers of cleaning supplies? Turns out you can't ship aerosols and chemicals ... or spaghetti, olive oil ... or, for some reason, cassava (a tropical, starchy staple of South American origin, I learned) ... but then again, cassava-deprivation isn't really an issue for us.

Happy sailing!

Comments

  1. gonna miss you Susan! I do hope you'll keep us posted via the blog on what's happening. I just can hear you saying this stuff.

    If you don't find a home for some of those items let me know - I'm sure I can find homes for some of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog! I remember this well from when we packed up the container headed for South Africa. It was jammed so full, we literally had to have 3 people force the doors shut on to an upright double bed mattress!

    Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment